Turkey Cakes with Sour Cranberry Sauce
- Servings: 6
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 Reynolds® Oven Bag,Turkey Size
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup cooked turkey, shredded or chopped
- 1/4 cup cooked, chopped bacon
- 1 bunch scallions, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeo peppers
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cold mashed potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup flour
PREPARE your turkey in a Reynolds Oven Bag following package directions.
COMBINE bread crumbs and half & half in a large bowl; let crumbs absorb liquid.
HEAT a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add 3 teaspoons olive oil, onions and bell pepper. Saute until soft, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic; saute 1 minute. Remove from heat; let cool.
ADD remaining ingredients to bread crumb mixture in bowl; mix until well blended. Stir insauteed vegetables, salt and pepper; mix well. Form mixture into eighteen 1 1/2-inch balls; flatten to about 1/2-inch thick and 2 1/2-inches wide; set aside.
HEAT a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to pan. Coat turkey cakes in flour; place in pan. Cook until brown on one side. Flip over; continue cooking until done. Add remaining olive oil as needed to cook remaining turkey cakes.
TIP: Serve with Sour Cranberry Sauce. To make sauce, mix 1 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup cranberry sauce and 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel in a small bowl until well blended. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate until ready to serve.
Back to top