Tomato And Bacon Creamed Corn Casserole
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours (high) or 4 hours (low)
- Servings: 16
- Course: Side Dish
Prep, cooking and cleanup is made super simple when you make this summertime side in your slow cooker.
Reynolds Kitchens Tip
Looking for the perfect sidekick for your family BBQ dish? Make this Tomato & Bacon Creamed Corn Casserole quick and mess-free by using a slow cooker liner. From prep to clean up it’s easy, and delicious.
- 4 packages (12 ounces each) frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half, light cream, or whole milk
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (3 ounces)
- 6 thick slices peppered bacon, crisp-cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 1 Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
Line a 5-to 6-quart slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner. Open slow cooker liner and place it inside a slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl; pull top of liner over rim of bowl.
Place 2 packages of the corn in a blender with the cream or milk. Cover and blend until smooth. Transfer to lined slow cooker.
Add remaining corn, onion, Parmesan cheese, butter, and salt to the corn mixture. Stir gently with a rubber spatula to combine.
Cover and cook for 2 hours on high or for 4 hours on low.
Carefully remove lid to allow steam to escape. Transfer from slow cooker liner to a serving dish using a wooden or plastic utensil. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese, bacon, tomato, and basil.
Cool slow cooker completely; remove liner and toss. Do not lift or transport liner with food inside.
Back to top