- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 - 22 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Course: Appetizers & Snacks
Mushrooms filled with homemade cornbread stuffing are the perfect bite-sized appetizer or holiday side. Finish with a sprinkle of crumbled bacon for an extra-special touch.
- Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil
- 24 button or baby bella mushrooms, 1-1/2 to 2 inches in diameter
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups prepared cornbread, coarsely crumbled, or prepared polenta
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil. Clean mushrooms; remove and set aside stems. Place mushroom caps, stem sides down, on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly coat the rounded side of each mushroom cap with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until nearly tender. Place mushrooms, stem sides down, on paper towels to drain.
Increase oven temperature to 425°F. Chop enough of the reserved stems to measure 1 cup.
In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook the chopped mushroom stems, green onion, jalapeño, and garlic in butter for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in cornbread or polenta and 1/2 cup cheese. Spoon mixture into mushroom caps, packing tightly. Return stuffed mushrooms to the baking pan.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until heated through and browned. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Return to the oven for 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.