Spicy Steak and Beans
- Servings: 6
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
- 1 1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- 1 10-ounce can chopped tomatoes with green chile peppers, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 small green, red, and/or yellow sweet peppers, cut into strips
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- Hot cooked brown rice (optional)
- Crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese (optional)
Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Place meat in cooker.
In a bowl stir together undrained tomatoes, onion, garlic, dried oregano (if using), chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Pour over meat.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in sweet pepper strips and pinto beans. Cover and cook for 30 minutes. Remove meat; cool slightly.
Shred or thinly slice meat across the grain. Stir fresh oregano (if using) into bean mixture. If desired, spoon rice into soup bowls. Arrange meat on top of rice. Spoon bean mixture over meat. If desired, sprinkle with cheese.