Spicy Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 12, one-cup servings
- Course: Dessert
Make hot chocolate for the whole group in a slow cooker.
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 10 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- marshmallows, cocoa powder and cinnamon sticks, if desired for garnish
LINE a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
POUR the milk and half and half inside, then add the cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Gently whisk until dissolved, about 3 to 5 minutes.
ADD vanilla extract and nutmeg; whisk to incorporate.
COVER and let heat on high for one hour or until desired temperature is reached.
GENTLY whisk chocolate chips, cinnamon, chili pepper, cayenne into the prepared base mix until fully combined, about 1 to 2 minutes.
SERVE hot and garnish with marshmallows, cocoa powder and cinnamon sticks.
Back to top