Soy-Ginger Soup with Chicken
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Servings: 6
- Course: Soups & Salads
Experience the warm, bold flavors of this simple soup tonight.
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 14-ounce cans reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 ounces dried romen noodles
- 1 6-ounce package frozen snow pea pods,
- Thawed Soy sauce
- 1 Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
Line a 5–6-quart slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner. Open slow cooker liner and place it inside a slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl; pull top of liner over rim of bowl.
Combine chicken, carrots, sherry, soy sauce, the vinegar, ginger and pepper in the slow cooker. Stir in chicken broth and water.
Cover; cook on high-heat setting for 2 to 3 hours.
Carefully remove lid to allow steam to escape. Stir in noodles and pea pods. Cover and cook for 3 minutes more. To serve, ladle soup into bowls and serve with additional soy sauce. Serve directly from slow cooker liner using a wooden or plastic utensil. Do not lift or transport liner with food inside. Cool slow cooker completely; remove liner and toss.
Back to top