Southwest Fiesta Soup
- Servings: 6
- Course: Soups & Salads
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium green sweet peppers, chopped
- 2 16-ounce jars medium or hot salsa
- 2 15- to 16-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 14-1/2 ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14-1/2 ounce cans golden hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen loose-pack diced hash brown potatoes
- sour cream (optional)
- snipped fresh cilantro (optional)
- chopped bottled roasted red sweet peppers (optional)
Cook ground beef in an extra-large skillet until beef is brown. Drain off fat.
Place beef in a 5- to 6-quart cooker. Stir in onions, peppers, salsa, and black beans.
Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Cover and refrigerate half of the beef mixture for up to 24 hours.
Place chilled beef mixture into a large saucepan. Stir in chicken broth, hominy and hash brown potatoes. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Ladle soup into bowls to serve; if desired, top with sour cream, snipped fresh cilantro, and chopped bottled roasted red sweet peppers.
Use half of the beef mixture for Zesty Beef Medley.