Slow Cooker Tomatillo Quinoa and Black Beans
- Course: Side Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- For the Quinoa:
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¾ cup Tomatillo salsa (see recipe below)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (optional), each thigh cut into 4 pieces
- Diced tomatoes and cilantro, for garnish
- For the Tomatillo Salsa:
- ½ lb tomatillos, husked, rinsed and sliced in half
- ½ cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp chopped onion
- 1 tsp kosher salt
Add quinoa, water, salsa, bay leaf, cumin, salt, garlic powder, black beans and chicken to your slow cooker that has been lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
Cover and cook on HIGH for hours or for hours on LOW.
Dish quinoa into serving bowls and top with diced tomato and black beans.
Remove all food and discard Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
Add all ingredients into a blender.
Pulse several times and then blend until desired consistency.
Season to taste with additional kosher salt, if necessary.