Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken Chili
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: Low for 8 - 10 hours or high for 4 - 5 hours
- Servings: 6
- Course: Soups & Salads
The extra fat found in chicken thighs makes them an ideal choice when slow cooking. The meat will be ultra-tender and packed with flavor when served in this chili.
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
- 1 pound chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen white corn kernels, thawed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 16-ounce jar mild or medium salsa verde
- 1 8-ounce carton sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sliced jalapeño (optional)
Line a 5-quart slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner. Combine chicken, beans, corn, onion, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper in the slow cooker. Pour broth and salsa verde over mixture.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or on high for 4 to 5 hours. Remove lid; stir in sour cream and cheese. Sprinkle with jalapeño, if desired.
Serve food directly from lined slow cooker. Do not lift or transport liner with food inside. Serve with remaining shredded cheese. Cool slow cooker completely; remove liner and toss.
Back to top