Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Tacos
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4-5 hours (low) or 2–3 hours (high)
- Servings: 6
- Course: Main Dish
Here’s a new take on classic pulled chicken tacos, with hints of sweet orange, tangy lime and savory soy sauce. There’s minimal chopping and prep work, so you can get out of the kitchen fast.
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or a mix of thighs and breast)
- 1 small onion, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 small bunch of cilantro, leaves removed and chopped coarsely
- 1 jalapeño, halved (take out the seeds if you like it less spicy)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper (divided)
- Serving suggestions: diced red onion, chopped cilantro leaves, fresh lime juice
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
Line a 5-to 6-quart slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner. Open slow cooker liner and place it inside a slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl; pull top of liner over rim of bowl.
Trim any large pieces of fat from chicken thighs. Season chicken with half the salt and pepper; add to lined slow cooker.
Add onion, garlic, jalapeño, orange juice, lime juice, soy sauce, cumin, and the remaining salt and pepper to slow cooker. Stir gently with a wooden or silicon spoon to combine.
Cover and cook on high setting for 2–3 hours or low-heat setting for 4–5 hours, until chicken is done.
Carefully remove lid to allow steam to escape. Use a slotted spoon to transfer chicken from the slow cooker liner to a large bowl or cutting board. Shred into bite-size chunks. The chicken should easily shred when it is cooked through.
Ladle out some of the juices from the slow cooker, leaving enough to mix with shredded chicken.
Spoon shredded chicken back into lined slow cooker. Season to taste with additional salt, pepper, and cumin, if necessary.
Warm tortillas in oven or on stovetop.
Serve directly from slow cooker liner using a wooden or plastic utensil. Top each tortilla topped with shredded chicken, diced red onion, chopped cilantro, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Cool slow cooker completely; remove liner and toss. Do not lift or transport liner with food inside.
Back to top