Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Servings: 6
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
If you like, substitute four peeled white potatoes for red potatoes and substitute four whole carrots, peeled and cut in 2 inch pieces for peeled baby carrots.
- 1 Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut in quarters
- 1 medium onion, cut in quarters
- 1 package (16 oz.) peeled baby carrots
- 1 envelope (1 oz.) onion soup mix, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, pepper and dried thyme leaves
- 2 1/2 to 3 pound boneless beef chuck pot roast
OPEN slow cooker liner and place it inside a 5- to 6 1/2 -quart slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl; pull top of liner over rim of bowl.
PLACE water and three-fourths of the vegetables in the lined-slow cooker. Reserve 1 tablespoon onion soup mix. Sprinkle remaining onion soup mix over vegetables; stir gently to coat evenly. Sprinkle and rub salt, pepper and thyme over the pot roast. Place pot roast on top of vegetables. Place remaining vegetables around pot roast; sprinkle vegetables with remaining onion soup mix. Place lid on slow cooker.
COOK on LOW for 8 to 9 hours OR on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours, until pot roast is tender.
CAREFULLY remove lid to allow steam to escape. Serve food directly from slow cooker. Do not lift or transport liner with food inside. Cool slow cooker completely; remove liner and toss.
Back to top