Slow Cooker Glazed Cinnamon Apples
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours (low) or 2 hours (high)
- Servings: 8
- Course: Dessert
Did you ever think that you’d be able to use your slow cooker to make dessert? With the right recipe and Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liners, it’s possible and delicious.
- 6 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut in eight wedges
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Sugar, oatmeal or ginger snap cookies (optional)
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
Line a 5-to-6 quart slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner. Open slow cooker liner and place it inside a slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl; pull top of liner over rim of bowl.
Place apples in the slow cooker liner; drizzle with lemon juice.
In a medium bowl, mix granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle mixture over apples; stir gently with a rubber spatula to coat apples. Drizzle with butter. Place lid on slow cooker.
Cook on low-heat setting for 3 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 hours until apples are done.
Carefully remove lid to allow steam to escape. Transfer apples bowls for serving using a wooden or plastic utensil. Spoon warm apple topping over ice cream; serve with cookies, if desired.
Cool slow cooker completely; remove liner and toss. Do not lift or transport liner with food inside.