Slow Cooker Cincinnati-Style Chili
- Servings: 6
- Course: Soups & Salads
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cans (15 oz. each) dark red kidney beans, drained
- 3 cans (14.5 oz. each) southwestern-style diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon each ground cumin and dried basil
- 1 teaspoon each salt and granulated beef bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
OPEN slow cooker liner and place it in a 5- to 6 1/2 -qt slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides of the bowl; pull top of liner over rim of bowl.
COOK ground beef, celery, and bell pepper in large skillet over medium-high heat until meat is evenly browned; drain off grease.
PLACE cooked beef mixture and remaining ingredients in slow cooker liner. Place lid on slow cooker.
COOK on LOW for 6 to 7 hours OR on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours until chili is hot and bubbling.
CAREFULLY remove lid to allow steam to escape. Serve food directly from slow cooker. Do not lift or transport liner with food inside. Cool slow cooker completely; remove liner and toss.
REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP:This recipe was developed for 5- to 6 1/2 -quart slow cookers, but it may be adjusted for smaller or larger cookers.
Back to top