Slow Cooker Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: Low for 7 - 8 hours, High for 3 - 4
- Servings: 6
- Course: Soups & Salads
Fall veggies, smoked sausage, chicken and shrimp combine in a slow cooker to make a delicious, healthy jambalaya.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 12 ounces pre- cooked deveined and peeled shrimp
- 8 ounces smoked turkey or chicken sausage, sliced in half inch pieces
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) petite-diced tomatoes with onion, celery and green pepper
- 2 medium size bell peppers (red, green or yellow), seeded, cored and cut in two inch strips
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium size yellow squash, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 to 2 teaspoons creole or Cajun seasoning
- Salt, to taste
- Cooked rice for serving
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
Line a 5-to 6-quart slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner. Openslow cooker liner and place it inside a slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl; pull top of liner over rim of bowl.
Place chicken and sausage in the lined slow cooker. Sprinkle with 1 to 2 teaspoons of seasoning.
Pour canned tomatoes on top of the chicken and sausage. Add peppers, onion and squash.
Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
Carefully remove lid to allow steam to escape. Add pre-cooked shrimp and stir to mix well. Cook for another 5 to 10 minutes on low heat.
Serve jambalaya directly from slow cooker liner using a wooden or plastic utensil into bowls over hot cooked rice. Season with salt to taste and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Do not lift or transport liner with food inside. Cool slow cooker completely; remove empty liner and toss.
Use microwaveable or minute rice to make dinner even easier.