Slow Cooker Cherry Tomato Ratatouille
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 hours and 10 minutes (includes resting times)
- Servings: 8
- Course: Main Dish
Craving a hearty vegetarian meal that’s full of flavor and good for you, too? This Slow Cooker Cherry Tomato Ratatouille recipe is sure to hit the spot.
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut into large dice (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into large dice (about 12 ounces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pints red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into large dice
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Couscous, for serving
- 1/2 cup pesto, for serving
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
Toss the squash and eggplant in a colander with 2 teaspoons salt until well coated. Let sit for 30 minutes to draw out the moisture.
Place a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner in the insert of a 6- to 8-quart slow cooker. Press it as flat as possible against the bottom and sides. Fold the liner over the top.
Press the eggplant and squash with paper towels to remove all moisture. Add them to the slow cooker.
Add the tomatoes, garlic, thyme, bay leaf, bell peppers and
Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables, add salt and black
pepper and toss to coat thoroughly.
Cover and cook on high until the vegetables are tender, about 6 hours. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Remove the thyme sprigs and bay leaf to serve.
Divide the couscous among bowls, and spoon the ratatouille over the couscous.
Dollop 1 tablespoon of pesto over each portion.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Back to top