Savory Bean-Spinach Soup
- Servings: 6
- Course: Soups & Salads
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
- 2 14-ounce cans vegetable broth
- 1 15-ounce can tomato puree
- 1 15- to 16-ounce can small white or Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked converted rice
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach leaves
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese
In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine vegetable broth, tomato puree, white beans, water, rice, onion, basil, pepper, and garlic.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours. Just before serving, stir in spinach. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.