Rosemary and Basil Chicken
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- Reynolds® Oven Bag, Large Size
- 1 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 5 to 7 pound whole roasting chicken, rinsed & patted dry
PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
SHAKE flour in Reynolds Oven Bag; place in 13x9-inch baking pan.
MIX seasonings. Add 1 tablespoon to bag; squeeze to blend with flour.
BRUSH chicken with melted butter. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of seasoning mixture in cavity. Sprinkle and rub remaining seasoning mixture all over chicken. Add to bag.
CLOSE oven bag with nylon tie; cut six 1/2-inch slits in top. Tuck ends of bag in pan.
BAKE 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh not touching bone reads 180°F. Let stand 10 minutes; slice and serve.