Mango Slaw with Roasted Garlic Lime Dressing
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Course: Side Dish
A vibrant take on classic slaw with savoy cabbage, mango, sweet peppers, chilies and cilantro drizzled with a tangy roasted garlic lime dressing with hints of ginger from Elizabeth Stark of Brooklyn Supper.
- 8 large cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small savoy cabbage, cored and cut into thin ribbons (about 8 cups)
- 2 red bell peppers, stem and seeds removed, sliced into thin strips
- 2 small red or green hot chilies, stem and seeds removed, sliced thin
- 2 small mangoes, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Slice woody ends from garlic cloves, leaving papery skin intact. Lay out a 10-inch square of Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil, set garlic cloves sliced-side down in the center and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Carefully pull up corners and crimp the top to secure foil tightly around garlic. Place in a small ovenproof dish and bake 15 minutes, or until garlic is translucent and very soft. (Use caution when opening foil packet – steam can be very hot.) Set foil packet aside until garlic is cool enough to handle.
Squeeze garlic from papery skins and mash with a fork in a small mixing bowl. With the same fork, whisk in lime juice, grated ginger, honey and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Whisking vigorously, slowly drizzle in 1/4 cup olive oil.
Toss cabbage, bell peppers and chilies with dressing in a large mixing bowl. Fold in mango slices and cilantro. Taste and add a pinch more salt or a squeeze of lime if needed.
Back to top