Loaded Hash Browns
- Servings: 8
Thawed hash browns form an easy potato base that's "loaded" with sausage, onions, cheese, and veggies for casserole comfort in your slow cooker. Take it to your next potluck and watch it disappear. Use a silicone or plastic spoon to stir food gently at the end of cook time and for serving. You will minimize the chance of nicking the liner. Cleanup is no-fuss with slow cooker liners. Just cool your slow cooker completely; remove the slow cooker liner and discard.
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 5 cups frozen diced hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers (4 ounces)
- 1 small red sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 4-ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 10 3/4-ounce can condensed fiesta nacho cheese soup
- 1/4 cup water
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers (optional)
- Thinly sliced fresh jalapeno pepper (optional)
- Salsa and/or dairy sour cream (optional)
- Disposable slow cooker liner
In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
Place the disposable slow cooker liner inside a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides; pull top of liner over rim of bowl. In prepared slow cooker, combine sausage mixture, hash browns, the 1 cup cheese, sweet pepper, and mushrooms. In a medium bowl, combine soup and the water. Pour over hash brown mixture in cooker; stir gently to combine.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 4-1/2 hours. Stir before serving. If desired, top with additional cheese and sliced jalapenos. If desired, serve with salsa and/or sour cream. Makes 8 servings.
Used with permission. © Meredith Corporation. http://www.meredith.com. All rights reserved.
Back to top