Loaded Bratwurst Stew
- Course: Soups & Salads
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
- 4 cups coarsely chopped green cabbage (about 1/2 of a head)
- 1 pound smoked bratwurst, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped round red potatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped red sweet pepper (1 medium)
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 14-ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- Shredded Swiss cheese (optional)
In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine cabbage, bratwurst, potatoes, sweet pepper, and onion. In a large bowl, whisk together broth, mustard, vinegar, salt, black pepper, and celery seed. Pour over all in cooker.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3-1/2 hours. If desired, top each serving with cheese.
Back to top