Heart-Healthy Breakfast Casserole
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Servings: 4
- Course: Breakfast
Kick-start your morning with this healthy and filling breakfast casserole.
- 1 sweet potato, shredded (roughly 3 cups)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 pound chicken sausage or turkey sausage, diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large handful fresh baby spinach leaves (roughly 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 carton (16 ounces) egg white substitute (will need 3/4 carton)
- 1 Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
Line your slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner. Open slow cooker liner and place it inside a slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl; pull top of liner over rim of bowl.
Add shredded sweet potato to the slow cooker, followed by the diced onion and sausage. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper. Add the spinach on top.
Pour egg whites over the other ingredients and sprinkle with cheese.
Place the lid on top. Set your slow cooker to low for 8 hours. When done, carefully remove lid to allow steam to escape. Serve directly from slow cooker liner using a wooden or plastic utensil. Do not lift or transport liner with food inside. Cool slow cooker completely; remove liner and toss.
Back to top