Gruyère Potato Packet
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Course: Side Dish
Cooking in a foil pack with butter and herbs is they key to tender, perfectly prepared potatoes. Shredded Gruyère cheese adds caramelized, nutty flavor to the finished dish.
- Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 medium or 8 small Yukon Gold potatoes (about 2 pounds), cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
Preheat oven to 400°F. Tear off an 18x18-inch piece of Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil; set aside. In a small bowl, combine butter, 2 tablespoons thyme, shallots, and lemon zest.
Place 2 ice cubes in the center of the foil. Add sliced potatoes and leek to center of foil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and dot with butter mixture. Bring up sides of foil over potatoes; fold down two times. Double-fold both ends of foil to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation. Place packet on a baking sheet with 1-inch sides.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Transfer to a serving plate. Open packet carefully; top with shredded cheese and remaining 1 tablespoon thyme.
Back to top