Gingered Beef and Vegetables
- Cook Time: 9 - 10 hours on low
- Servings: 6
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 medium carrots, bias-cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup bias-sliced green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup chopped red sweet pepper
- 2 cups loose-pack frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- Hot cooked rice
In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine beef, carrots, green onions, and garlic.
In a medium bowl, combine the 1-1/2 cups water, the soy sauce, ginger, bouillon granules, and crushed red pepper; pour over mixture in cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4-1/2 to 5 hours. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting.
In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and the 3 tablespoons cold water; stir into meat mixture along with sweet pepper. Cover and cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until thickened, stirring once. Stir in sugar snap peas. Serve with hot cooked rice.
Back to top