- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4 - 6
- Course: Dessert
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of warm milk
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of dark molasses
PREHEAT the oven to 350°
WHISK together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and baking soda in a large bowl until combined and set aside.
PLACE the milk in a microwave safe bowl and cook in the microwave on high for 90 seconds.
WHISK the butter into the bowl with the hot milk until it has melted.
ADD in the brown sugar and molasses and mix.
STIR in the egg.
ADD the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl and mix until it is completely combined.
POUR the batter into a Reynolds® Bakeware 8x8 Pan.
BAKE in the oven on 350° for 30 minutes or until it is firm in the center.
COOL the cake completely. Serve with whipped cream.
Back to top