German-Style Pork Sandwiches
- Cook Time: 8 - 10 hours (low) or 4 - 5 hours (high)
- Servings: 8
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 14-1/2-ounce can sauerkraut with caraway seed, rinsed and drained
- 1 2-1/2-pound boneless pork shoulder or sirloin roast
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup creamy Dijon-style mustard blend
- 1 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 8 slices rye bread, toasted
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 ounces)
Place sauerkraut in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart electric crockery cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
Trim fat from meat. Sprinkle meat lightly with salt and pepper. Spread 2 tablespoons of the mustard blend over meat. Place meat on top of sauerkraut. Add beer.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or until meat is tender. (Or, cover and cook on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.) Transfer meat to a cutting board. Cool slightly.
Using two forks, shred meat apart; discard fat. Drain sauerkraut; set aside. Discard cooking liquid. Spread remaining mustard blend on one side of each bread slice. Top with sauerkraut and meat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Place sandwiches on unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Back to top