German Style Chicken Thighs
- Cook Time: 7 - 8 hours (Low) or 3 1/2 - 4 hours (High)
- Servings: 6
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 27- to 28-oz. can sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2 10.75-oz. cans condensed cream of potato soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 12 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- Hot cooked spaetzle or wide noodles
- Snipped fresh parsley (optional)
In a 6-quart slow cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner, combine sauerkraut, potato soup, water, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, and pepper. Add chicken, stirring to coat.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken from slow cooker. Remove meat from bones; discard bones.
Using two forks, shred chicken; return shredded chicken to cooker. Serve chicken and sauce over hot cooked spaetzle. If desired, sprinkle each serving with parsley.
Back to top