Fennel Braised with Artichokes
- Cook Time: 6-8 hours (low); 3 hours (high)
- Course: Side Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed, cored and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (13.75 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook fennel 6 minutes, stirring, or until browned; remove from skillet. Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet; stir in onion; cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic, rosemary, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute. Stir in flour until onions are coated. Add wine and boil 2 minutes. Add the broth and tomatoes; simmer for 5 minutes.
Coat slow cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner bowl with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Layer half the fennel slices on the bottom, then half the artichokes, then half the onion mixture. Repeat the layers.
Cover; cook on HIGH for 3 hours or on LOW for 6 hours. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Back to top