Easy Italian Chicken
- Cook Time: 6 - 7 hours (low) or 3 - 3 1/2 hours (high)
- Servings: 4 - 6
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1/2 of a medium head cabbage, cut into wedges (about 12 ounces)
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 4 1/2-ounce jar (drained weight) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds meaty chicken pieces (breast halves, thighs, and drumsticks), skinned
- 2 cups purchased meatless spaghetti sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked pasta (optional)
In a 3-1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner, combine cabbage wedges, onion, and mushrooms. Sprinkle tapioca over vegetables. Place chicken pieces on vegetables. Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. If desired, serve with hot cooked pasta.
Back to top