Easy Chicken Rarebit
- Cook Time: 4 - 5 hours on low or 2 - 2 1/2 hours on high
- Servings: 6
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1-3/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 14- to 16-ounce jar cheddar cheese pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large onion, halved crosswise and thinly sliced
- 6 pumpernickel or rye buns, split and toasted, or 6 slices pumpernickel or rye bread, toastedand halved diagonally
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled (optional)
- 1 tomato, chopped (optional)
- Kosher dill pickles (optional)
Cut chicken diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices; set aside.
In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner, stir together pasta sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Add onion and chicken slices.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
To serve, spoon chicken and sauce mixture over bun halves. If desired, sprinkle with crumbled bacon and tomato. Serve with dill pickles, if desired.
Back to top