Creamy Lemon Chicken
- Cook Time: 4 - 5 hours on low or 2 - 2 1/2 hours on high
- Servings: 2
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 2 chicken breast halves with skin and bone (about 1 pound)
- 1 9-ounce package frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 of a small onion, cut into very thin wedges
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- Lemon peel strips (optional)
Remove skin from chicken. Place frozen green beans and onion in a 1-1/2 quart slow cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner. Place chicken on vegetables. Sprinkle with garlic and pepper. Pour broth over all.
For sauce, beat cream cheese and shredded lemon peel in a small bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Slowly add cooking liquid, beating on low speed until combined.
Spoon sauce over chicken and vegetables. Garnish with lemon peel strips, if desired.
Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours. If no heat setting is available, cook for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
Transfer chicken and vegetables to 2 serving plates; cover to keep warm.