Country Bean Stew
- Cook Time: 7 - 8 hours (Low) or 3 1/2 - 4 hours (High)
- Servings: 0
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups dry Great Northern beans
- 3 large carrots, coarsely chopped
- 12 ounces lean boneless lamb, cut into cubes
- 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 3 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/3 cup tomato paste (1/2 of a 6-ounce can)
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
In a large saucepan, combine the 6 cups water and the dry beans. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
Cover and let stand for 1 hour. Drain beans; rinse with cold water and drain again.
In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner, combine beans and carrots.
In a large skillet, cook lamb, sausage, onions, and garlic over medium heat until sausage is brown, breaking up sausage as it cooks. Drain off fat.
Transfer meat mixture to cooker. Stir in the 3 cups water, the bouillon granules, thyme, and oregano.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours
Back to top