Classic Italian Baked Mostaccioli
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 9
- Course: Main Dish
Classics become classic because they're delicious. Try this Baked Mostaccoli dish for your next meal and we're sure your family will agree.
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Baked cheesy mostaccoli is definitely delicious, but it can also be messy when it’s time to wash dishes! For a much easier cleanup, use disposable bakeware pans when making your favorite casserole.
- 1 pound of Mostaccioli noodles
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 28 ounces can of crushed tomatoes in juice
- 6 ounce can of tomato paste
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 4 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 pound of ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons of dry basil
- 2 cups of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
PREHEAT the oven to 350°
COOK the onions and garlic in a large pot on medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Once they are browned add in the ground meat and cook until there is no more pink left.
ADD in the crushed tomatoes and basil and simmer on low heat.
WHISK in the tomato paste to thicken the tomato sauce.
SEASON the sauce with salt and pepper and keep warm.
BOIL the Mostaccioli noodles in a large pot of boiling water and cook until done.
STRAIN the noodles and add them to the tomato saucepot and toss.
POUR the noodles and sauce into a Reynolds® Bakeware Non-Stick 9x13 casserole pan.
SPRINKLE on the Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over top of the noodles and sauce.
BAKE in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and starting to brown.
GARNISH the dish with any remaining cheese and fresh chopped basil.
Back to top