Chocolate Cherry Surprise Cupcakes
- Cook Time: 20 - 22 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Course: Dessert
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 package (about 18 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- 3/4 cup (6 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped dried cherries
- 1/3 cup sugar Red food coloring (optional)
- 1 container (16 oz) vanilla frosting
- 1 jar maraschino cherries with stems, save 1-2 teaspoons juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cherry extract
PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
PLACE Reynolds® StayBrite® Baking Cups (Pink Damask) in muffin pans; set aside.
PREPARE cake mix following package directions for 24 cupcakes. Spoon cake batter into baking cups.
BEAT cream cheese, egg, chopped dried cherries and sugar in bowl, with electric mixer. Stir in a few drops red food coloring, if desired. Drop by tablespoonfuls into cupcake batter.
BAKE 20 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool.
STIR cherry extract and maraschino juice into frosting.
PIPE or spread frosting onto cupcakes.
TOP with maraschino cherry.
Back to top