Chickpea, Tomato, and Feta Pasta Salad
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Course: Side Dish
Chickpeas roasted in olive oil, salt, and cayenne pepper lends crunchy texture, flavor, and protein to pasta salad. Add the chickpeas right before serving to maintain their crispiness.
- 8 ounces ditalini or small elbow pasta
- 2 cups heirloom or red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups chopped cucumber (about 1 large)
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced (2 tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (4 ounces)
- Spicy Roasted Chickpeas (below)
- Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse under cold running water to cool quickly; drain again.
Transfer cooked pasta to a large bowl. Stir in tomatoes, cucumber, and shallot.
In a screw-top jar, combine oil, the zest and juice of the lemon, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cover and shake well. Drizzle dressing over pasta mixture; toss gently to coat.
To serve, sprinkle salad with cheese and Spicy Roasted Chickpeas.
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
Preheat oven to 450°F. In a medium bowl, combine 1 15- to 16-ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained; 3 tablespoons olive oil; 1/2 teaspoon salt; and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil. Spread garbanzo beans in an even layer in the prepared pan. Roast 25 to 30 minutes, or until garbanzo beans are browned and crisp. Cool 5 minutes. Store in an airtight container if not using immediately.
Back to top