Chicken in Wine Sauce
- Cook Time: 8 - 9 hours (low) or 4 - 4 1/2 hours (high)
- Servings: 6
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 4 medium red-skin potatoes, quartered
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 pounds chicken thighs or drumsticks, skinned
- 1 Tbsp. snipped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- snipped fresh thyme (optional)
In a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner place potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion.
Place chicken pieces on top of vegetables.
Sprinkle with parsley, salt, rosemary, thyme, pepper, and garlic; add broth and wine.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 4 1/2 hours.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken and vegetables to a serving platter; cover with foil to keep warm.
For gravy, skim fat from cooking juices; strain juices.
In a large saucepan melt butter. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Add cooking juices.
Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
If desired, sprinkle chicken and vegetables with snipped thyme. Pass gravy with the chicken and vegetables.
Back to top