Chicken and Biscuits
- Cook Time: Low Setting: 6 - 7 hours; High Setting: 3 - 3-1/2 hours
- Servings: 6 servings
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 2 cups chopped round red potato (2 medium)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped carrot (2 medium)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery (1 medium)
- 1 4-oz. can (drained weight) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. quick-cooking tapioca, crushed
- 1 pound bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 ounce cream cheese, cut up
- Cheesy Biscuits (see recipe below)
LINE a 3-1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
COMBINE potato, carrot, onion, celery, mushrooms, garlic, thyme, sage, salt, and pepper in the slow cooker.
SPRINKLE tapioca over the mixture.
TOP with chicken thighs. Pour broth over all.
COVER and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
REMOVE chicken from slow cooker. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones and coarsely chop; discard bones.
RETURN meat to slow cooker along with peas and cream cheese. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir well; serve with Cheesy Biscuits.
PREHEAT oven to 420 degrees F.
COMBINE 1-2/3 cups packaged biscuit mix and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces) in a medium bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup milk.
TURN out onto a floured surface and knead 10 times. Pat into a 1/2-inch-thick circle. Cut with a floured 3-inch biscuit cutter. Reroll scraps as needed.
PLACE biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
Back to top