Cheesy Multigrain Spaghetti Casserole
- Servings: 6
- Course: Main Dish
Tofu provides some of the protein for this one-dish spaghetti meal. It's a great way to go meatless for a meal. The vegetable-packed sauce with its Italian seasoning simmers in the slow cooker. Stir in tofu and serve over cooked multigrain spaghetti. Complete the menu with a crisp salad and crusty bread. Line the slow cooker bowl with a slow cooker liner before cooking and you save yourself cleanup time. Instead of scrubbing the slow cooker bowl after dinner, with the liner you just let the cooker cool and remove the empty liner, then discard it.
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 10 3/4-ounce can reduced-fat and reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 14 1/2-ounce cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced celery (2 stalks)
- 1 cup sliced carrot (2 medium)
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 16-ounce package extra-firm tofu (fresh bean curd), drained if necessary, cubed
- 8 ounces dried multigrain spaghetti, broken, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- Disposable slow cooker liner
Place the disposable slow cooker liner inside a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides; pull top of liner over rim of bowl. Whisk together the water and soup. Stir in undrained tomatoes, the celery, carrot, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper; add to slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
Gently stir in tofu cubes and spaghetti. Sprinkle each serving with cheese. Makes 6 servings.
Used with permission. © Meredith Corporation. http://www.meredith.com. All rights reserved.
Back to top