Cajun Shrimp and Rice
- Cook Time: 5 - 6 hours (low) or 3 - 3-1/2 hours (high)
- Servings: 6
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 28-ounce can tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 1 14-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 6- to 6-1/4-ounce package long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 pound cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp
- Bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner combine undrained tomatoes, chicken broth, onion, sweet pepper, rice mix with seasoning packet, the water, garlic, and Cajun seasoning.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
If using low-heat setting, turn slow cooker to high-heat setting.
Stir shrimp into rice mixture. Cover and cook for 15 minutes more.
If desired, pass hot pepper sauce.
Back to top