- Cook Time: 8 - 10 hours (low) or 4 - 5 hours (high)
- Servings: 6
- Course: Soups & Salads
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 3 medium onions, cut into thin wedges
- 2 pounds meaty chicken pieces, skinned
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked ham (8 ounces)
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 14 ounce can chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1 10-ounce package frozen sliced okra (2 cups)
- 1 cup frozen baby lima beans
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
In a 3 1/2- to 4-quart crockery cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner place onion. Top with chicken and ham.
In a small bowl combine undrained tomatoes, broth, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, thyme, pepper, and hot pepper sauce; pour over chicken and ham.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
If desired, remove chicken; cool slightly. (Keep lid on the crockery cooker.) Remove meat from chicken bones; cut meat into bite-size pieces. Return chicken to crockery cooker; discard bones.
Add okra, lima beans, and corn to crcokery cooker. If using low-heat setting turn to high-heat setting. Cover and cook 45 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
Back to top