Beef Ragu with Beans
- Cook Time: 5 1/2 hours (high) or 8 1/2 hours (low)
- Servings: 16
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 2 large carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 large ribs celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- For serving:
- 1 pound rigatoni, cooked
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
Place carrots, celery, onion and garlic in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped.
In a large bowl, mix vegetables, ground beef, diced tomatoes, beef broth, tomato paste, sugar and beans.
Add half of each: Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes. Stir until combined.
Place mixture in a 6-quart slow cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner and cook 5-1/2 hours on high or 8-1/2 hours on low.
Stir in remaining Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
Back to top