Barbecued Beef Sandwiches
- Cook Time: 10 - 12 hours (low) or 5 - 6 hours (high)
- Servings: 10 - 12
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 2-1/2- to 3-pound fresh beef brisket
- 1 10-ounce can chopped tomatoes and green chile peppers
- 1 8-ounce can applesauce
- 1/2 of a 6-ounce can (1/3 cup) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 10 to 12 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Sliced red onion
- Dill pickle slices (optional)
- Carrot sticks (optional)
Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
Place meat in cooker.
In a bowl stir together undrained tomatoes, applesauce, tomato paste, soy sauce, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting 5 to 6 hours or until meat is tender.
Transfer meat to a carving board, reserving juices.
Cover meat and keep warm.
Pour cooking juices into a medium saucepan. Skim off fat.
Bring juices to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 10 to 20 minutes or until juices are reduced to desired consistency, stirring frequently.
Thinly slice meat across the grain.
Place meat on bun bottoms; top with onion slices and drizzle with cooking juices. Add bun tops. If desired, serve with pickles and carrot sticks.