Baked Tomato and Okra
- Servings: Six 2/3-cup servings
Fresh crushed red pepper seasons this updated version of a traditional Southern recipe with hearty lima beans. Reynolds Wrap® Pan Lining Paper combines the best benefits of aluminum foil and parchment paper. The parchment paper side is non-stick so the food scoops out easily. The aluminum foil side makes it easy to mold to any shape or size baking pan. Simply line your pan with the parchment side towards the food, and cook as you normally would. When you're finished baking, just toss the mess away.
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1/2 cup loosepack frozen lima beans
- 8 ounces fresh okra, washed, stemmed, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices, or 2 cups frozen cut okra, thawed
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 of a medium yellow or green sweet pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Reynolds® Pan Lining Paper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook lima beans according to package directions. Drain. In a 2-quart casserole lined with Reynolds® Pan Lining Paper, combine lima beans, okra, tomatoes, onion, sweet pepper, crushed red pepper, and salt.
Bake, covered with aluminum foil, for 45 minutes; stir. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes more; stir. Serve with a slotted spoon. Makes 6 (2/3-cup) servings.
Used with permission. © Meredith Corporation. http://www.meredith.com. All rights reserved.
Back to top