Holiday Dinner Ham (Half Ham)
Cook Time: 2 to 2 1/2 hours Servings: 24
Whether you're hosting a Christmas dinner or a holiday party, making dinner can be stressful. But armed with the right recipe and a Reynolds® Oven Bag, it's easy to make something that your family and friends will love. In addition to cooking your ham to perfection, you won't have to stress about cleaning up after your meal is served.
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 8 to 10 pound fully-cooked ham half, bone-in
- Whole cloves
- BAKE 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer reads 140°F. Let stand in oven bag 15 minutes.
- REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP: An 8 to 10 pound fully-cooked boneless ham half may be substituted for the bone-in ham half.
- PREHEAT oven to 325°F.
- SHAKE flour in Reynolds® Oven Bag, Large Size; place in roasting pan at least 2 inches deep. Trim skin and fat from ham, leaving a thin layer of fat. Lightly score surface of ham in a diamond pattern; insert cloves.
- PLACE ham in oven bag.
- CLOSE oven bag with nylon tie; cut six 1/2-inch slits in top. Insert meat thermometer through slit in bag into thickest part of ham, not touching bone. Tuck ends of bag in pan.