Making a Cupcake Carrier
Protect your beautifully decorated cupcakes during transport from your kitchen to the next bake sale or potluck with this handy tip from Reynolds.
To make this, you'll need:
- Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil, 18-inch wide
- A muffin pan
- 12 of your best decorated cupcakes
Prep the Base:
- TEAR a sheet of Reynolds Wrap Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil about 2 times longer than your muffin pan.
- PLACE foil over muffin pan with 2 inches extending beyond one end of the muffin pan.
- START at one corner using your fingers to GENTLY push the foil into well of cup to make a “nest” for the cupcake to set in. The nest should be deep enough for the cupcake to rest securely in it and not slide when lifted. Continue making indentions, one row at a time, until there is a nest in each well for the cupcakes to sit in.
- SCRUNCH the excess foil on all four sides to create rim base of your carrier.
Prep the Cover:
- PLACE the carrier on another sheet of foil that is about 2 times as long as your carrier. Center the carrier on the foil.
- PLACE a cupcake in each well.
- BRING up both long ends of foil over the cupcakes and fold down 2 to 3 times, leaving plenty of room between the foil and the cupcakes to protect your decorations.
- SCRUNCH and pinch the corners and ends of the foil to close the carrier and prevent base from sliding.
Voila! Now your cupcakes are safe during travel. It's that easy. Learn more kitchen tricks by browsing our aluminum foil life hacks.
REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIPS:
- It’s important to use 18-inch Reynolds Wrap Heavy Duty Aluminum for foil that is wide enough and sturdy enough to protect your cupcakes for transporting.
- Box Top Cupcake Carrier: Prepare the Foil Base as directed above; place it in a box top that is large enough to sit it in without crushing it. Place a decorated cupcake in each nest. Cover with another sheet of foil, if desired.