Vegetarian Black Bean Soup
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours (HIGH) or 8 hours (LOW)
- Servings: 6
- Course: Soups & Salads
Give black bean soup a little flair with Moroccan flavors.
Reynolds Kitchens tip
This meat-less dish can be served up for any occasion. Use a slow cooker liner when cooking this rich and savory Vegetarian Black Bean Soup and skip the hassle of cleanup!
- 2 cans (15 to 16 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup packaged peeled fresh baby carrots, bias-sliced crosswise
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
LINE a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
ADD beans, sweet potatoes, orange juice, sweet pepper, carrots, onion, jalapeño pepper, chili powder, cumin, and garlic to the prepared slow cooker. Stir gently with a rubber spatula to combine.
COVER and cook for 4 hours on high or for 8 hours on low.
SERVE with cheese, if desired.
Back to top