Vegetable Stew with Cornmeal Dumplings
- Servings: 6
- Course: Soups & Salads
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
- 3 cups peeled butternut or acorn squash cut into
- 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 14-1/2-ounce cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15-ounce can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 9-ounce package frozen Italian green beans or frozen cut green beans
In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine squash, mushrooms, undrained tomatoes, Great Northern beans, the water, garlic, Italian seasoning, and pepper.
For dumplings: In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, Parmesan cheese, parsley, baking powder, and salt.
In a small bowl, whisk together egg, milk, and oil. Add to the flour mixture; stir with a fork just until combined.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting.
Stir frozen green beans into stew. Drop the dumpling dough into six mounds on top of the stew. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and cook for 50 minutes more. (Do not lift lid while dumplings are cooking.)
Back to top