Tomato Basil Macaroni and Cheese
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 9 - 12
- Course: Main Dish
Looking for a great weeknight family recipe? Try this delicious Tomato Basil Macaroni and Cheese in a Reynolds® Bakeware Pan with hot pad and carrier. See how it's made here.
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 8 diced tomatoes + more for garnish
- 5 chopped and cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese + 1 cup
- 1/3 cup of chopped fresh basil + more for garnish
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 6 cups of whole milk
- 2 pounds of cavatappi noodles, boiled and strained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Reynolds® Bakeware Lasagna pan with hot pad and carrier
PREHEAT the oven 350°.
MELT the butter in a large pot on high heat and add in the onions to sauté, about 4 minutes.
WHISK in the flour to form a roux.
POUR in the milk and cook over medium heat until it becomes thick.
WHISK in 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese until it is completely combined.
ADD the cooked noodles, chopped cooked chicken, chopped tomatoes and basil to the pot with the sauce and mix until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
POUR the mixture into a Reynolds® Bakeware Lasagna pan with hot pad and carrier and sprinkle on the remaining 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
BAKE in the oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese on top is lightly browned.
GARNISH with chopped tomatoes and basil.