Summer Fruit Compote
- Course: Dessert
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 medium-size pears, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch chunks (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups frozen sliced peaches
- 1 cup frozen pitted cherries
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, quartered
- 2/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon packed dark-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted vanilla ice cream (optional)
Combine pineapple, pears, peaches, cherries, apricots, orange juice, brown sugar and vanilla in a slow cooker insert.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-1/2 hours or LOW for 5-1/2 hours. Uncover and remove 2 tablespoons liquid.
In a small bowl, stir together liquid and cornstarch. Stir cornstarch mixture back into slow cooker; cook 15 minutes more or until thickened. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
Back to top