Strawberry Cayenne Fruit Rolls
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 1/2 - 5 hours
- Servings: 8 - 10
- Course: Appetizers & Snacks
Strawberry fruit rolls with a spicy surprise.
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Fruit Rolls are very simple to make, but do require a long, low-temperature baking time. Make sure the mixture is spread thin and as evenly as possible in the prepared pan to ensure a consistent bake.
- 1 (16oz.) container strawberries, hulled, halved and stems removed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
PREHEAT the oven to 200°. Line an 18x13x1-inch rimmed baking pan with Reynolds® Parchment Paper.
PLACE all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour strawberry mixture into the prepared pan. Tilt the pan or use a spatula to form a thin, even layer throughout the pan.
BAKE for 4 1/2 to 5 hours or until mixture is almost dehydrated with a leather-like texture and can be torn.
COOL completely. Cut fruit leather and the parchment paper into 2-inch strips and roll. Store in an airtight container.
BONUS! – How to make a fruit gusher
1. RESERVE 1/4 cup of the fruit roll mixture. Cover and set aside.
2. CUT the baked and cooled fruit rolls into 1-inch by 3-inch sections.
3. REMOVE the parchment paper, then roll the cut section to create a cone. Pinch the bottom to seal.
4. PIPE or spoon the reserved fruit roll mixture into the cone, filling half way full.
5. PINCH the opening to seal.
Back to top