Stone Ground Gouda Grits with Roasted Poblano Peppers
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 - 60 minutes
- Servings: 6 - 8
- Course: Breakfast
A classic Southern breakfast side with a punch of poblano pepper.
- 3 poblano peppers, cut in half lengthwise, stems and seeds removed
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup stone ground or old-fashioned grits
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Gouda cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking pan with Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil.
Arrange peppers in a single layer in prepared pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Cut poblanos in small 1/2x1/2-inch pieces. Set aside.
Bring water and milk to a boil over medium-high heat. Slowly add grits, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring often, for 20 minutes.
Add the butter and then slowly pour in the cream and continue stirring until fully combined. Cover and continue cooking, stirring often, for 15 to 20 minutes.
Remove from heat. Stir in poblanos, cheese, salt and pepper.
Back to top